The following is a selection of recent news and media clips.
- My research on reduced transit fares for low income riders that was published in the Transportation Research Record was cited in New York’s Amsterdam News.
- My research with Portland State University on equity and exclusion issues with cashless fare collection systems is summarized in newswise.
- Brakewood was quoted about cashless transit fare systems in the MIT Technology Review
- My research on reduced transit fares for low income riders that was published in the Transportation Research Record was recently cited in the NY Times
- Brakewood recorded a Transit Research First podcast on Business Models for Mobile Fare Payment Apps
- Brakewood co-authors TR News article on recent declines in transit ridership.
- Brakewood quoted about transit payments in Bloomberg Citylab
- UTK Professors Cherry and Brakewood receive NSF funding to study the impacts of COVID19 on transit and micromobility systems
- Brakewood discusses the impact of the coronavirus on public transit systems in Businessweek
- Brakewood’s research with Kayleigh Campbell on the impact of bikesharing on bus ridership was cited in the NY Times
- Read a summary of our latest research on autonomous buses with UTK grad students Mojdeh Azad and Nima Hoseinzadeh and UTK Professors Chris Cherry and Lee Han on the UTK website
- Brakewood recorded a Talking Headways Podcast on Real-Time Information
- Brakewood was quoted in the Wall Street Journal about how cities are reinventing their bus systems
- A profile of Brakewood was featured in UTK’s Cornerstone Magazine.
- An interview with Brakewood about the benefits of real-time transit info by Sidewalk Lab
- Brakewood and former students win TRB’s Burggraf Award
- Brakewood quoted in Wired
- Citi Bike study with Kayleigh Campbell covered in CityLab
- Citi Bike research featured in the Transit Wire
- Brakewood participates in panel discussion on the proposed BQX streetcar at the Brooklyn Heights Association (Brooklyn Daily Eagle; Brooklyn Paper; Kings County Politics)
- Brakewood selected for Mass Transit Magazine’s 2016 Top 40 under 40
- Brakewood selected as 2016 Emerging Leaders in Transportation by NYU
- Brakewood co-authors “Research Pays Off” Article in TR News
- Brakewood quoted about New York City Bus Time research in Slate
- New York City Bus Time research mentioned in Wired
- Brakewood quoted in the New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Brakewood named TRB Rising Star fellow and featured in the City College news
- New York City Bus Time research mentioned in GOVTECH
- New York City Bus Time study featured in the Transit Wire
- New York City Bus Time research featured in CityLab
- Tampa OneBusAway research featured in a HART Press Release
- Tampa OneBusAway research in the Transit Wire
- Tampa OneBusAway study featured in CityLab